Whether you are a user of our site, a current customer of ours or are potentially looking to become a ‘Go Trade’ partner, we highly recommend reading through our terms and conditions so as you know how we operate and key points you should be aware of.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Terms & Conditions’
1. Interpretation & Meaning
We want to make sure everything is clear and easy to understand and so we have included some of the key words we use in our terms and conditions and the meanings are listed for you below.
Go Trade/ Go Trade Local (We / Us / our): Referring to ourselves – the company as both Go Trade Local & Let’s Trade Local Limited. A limited company registered in England & Wales (12170961). Registered address is:
Vanguard House Bradley Lane, Standish, Wigan, England, WN6 0XF.
Platform: Refers to our site: https://gotradelocal.co.uk
User: A person visiting our site to search for products and companies on our platform.
Partner: A person or business who has joined our platform and have access to certain areas of our site that are blocked off for others and have a listing on the site with a package attached.
Conditions: Referring to these terms and conditions. Keep in mind that these Conditions can change as our company develops. Should there be a change, you will be notified and the new details will apply from that point onwards.
Contract: Referring to the contract we have in place with you the partner. This contract is subject to the conditions included in this document.
Account: The package and listing you hold with us; advertising your business to our users and displaying you on our platform.
Content: The text in which you add to your listing, this can vary from which package you choose and which features are unlocked.
Writing / Written: This may not just mean printed paper versions but can also include emails, newsletters and other forms of electronic notifications which are sent to you.
Dashboard: The background information and content which is at the core of our platform. This is designed to be customisable for each listing allowing the partner to update their information, add in content and respond to enquiries.
Subscription / Fees: The amount you are charged for your package with us. Should we change the cost of this, you will be notified in advance allowing you to adapt and change your listing if needed. Any new costs will be brought in and effective from the date specified in the update notification which will be no less than 14 days from the day this is sent to you.
Intellectual Property Rights: Features which can be owned and controlled notwithstanding that may not be physical. This includes the likes of copyrights & trademarks. This term also includes applications for registered Intellectual Property Rights which are pending.
Listing / Package: The subscription option which you have chosen for your business. This includes the features which come with this.
Commencement Date: The date in which your listing starts with us and you and your business are added to our platform.
Termination Date: The date in which your listing and contract is terminated.
- Subject to your payment of the subscription which is set out in Section 1 of these Conditions, payments are set up using our designated Direct Debit payment provider unless agreed otherwise.
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract i.e. you’re 18 years of age or older and are not suffering from any condition which may affect decisions made in this agreement.
- You are legally capable of working with our partners i.e. you’re 18 years of age or older and are not suffering from any condition which may affect decisions in contacting these such businesses with a view to source products either for purchase or to rent from them.
- You will use our site only for the purpose of using and accessing the services and functions our platform has to offer.
- We will provide you, the partner, a dashboard where you can access the features agreed in your chosen listing to you providing you have paid the fees when they were due.
- We will provide you, the user a dashboard where you can access your profile and make use of the features that come with this.
- You may change the package your company has and your listing and this will be active once the first new payment has been taken. This makes this process as seamless as possible. When changing your package, this will be upgraded or downgraded and the cost adjusted accordingly. Once this has been approved by our team and set up, your subscription change will be deemed acceptable and the features amended accordingly.
3. Subscriptions and Payments
- Our fess as set out in this contract are non-refundable, as mentioned in Section 2 Point 1 – this shall be taken using our designated Direct Debit payment provider unless agreed otherwise. The payment must be made in full at all times. This is to be taken for the upcoming period of time which we have deemed is one month in advance unless agreed otherwise.
- If you are unsatisfied with our services, we advise you to notify one of our team here at Go Trade Local as soon as possible so I we can assist you with your feedback.
- You and your business are liable for any of the fees charged to you by your bank for the transfer of funds to our Business bank account.
- We hold the rights to delete your account if you do not pay the fees as and when they are due to us. We may suspend the listing temporarily if the payment is overdue, once settled, the listing can then be made live on our site once again, the subscription will then continue at the agreed rate. We are not obliged at any time to repay any portion of the amount you have paid in advance. In addition to this, we are also not obliged to reduce the fees chargeable for any period during which the account and listing have been suspended.
- Upon your request which must be made in writing, should we provide you and your business with any services that are not included within your current subscription, this is then chargeable at our current rates and the cost of this will be collected within 14 days of an agreement being made.
- If your account and contract have been terminated, we will attempt to collect any outstanding fees owed to us on the date of termination (or as soon as possible after this). If we are unable to do so, an invoice will be sent to you, which will be payable no later than 14 days from the date on the invoice. If you fail to make this payment, we may look to take this debt forwarded and seek additional ways to recover the debt. Should this be the case, any court, administrative and legal fees will be applied to your invoice. An interest rate of 3.25% will be added to your invoice on a daily basis until judgement is given based on the lending rates of the Bank of England, together with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
4. Security of our Users & Partners
- When communicating with our users, you must ensure that you have the appropriate security in place to avoid the spread of Viruses and other Malware. Their details are not to be sold or passed on to another party under any circumstances.
- We as both a business and platform regularly check and update our site to ensure that any risks posed to our users are as minimal as possible so as all of their information is kept safe and secure at all times.
- It is important when setting up your account; you choose the login details which are both memorable to you but also strong enough to withstand cyber attack attempts in order for others to gain access to your account and dashboard. Should you wish to change your password at any time, this can be done so through your personal profile login under the ‘Profile’ tab at the top of your screen.
- When communicating with users, it is important that you treat them with respect and care at all times. Any communication in which we deem inappropriate or illegal will be reported to the relevant authorities and your account status put under review without any given notice. All communication that is passed through our site can be monitored at all times by our team. Unless they agree to it in writing, our user’s details must not be added to any of your marketing material such as Newsletters and Mail Drops.
- If you become aware any of our users who are abusing our platform, please inform us of this immediately and our team will look into this.
- You the user must communicate with our partners in both a professional and respectful manner at all times. All communication that is passed through our site can be monitored at all times by our team. Any communication in which we deem inappropriate or illegal will be reported to the relevant authorities and your profile with us will put under review without any given notice.
- You the user must protect and keep all communication with users and partners as strictly confidential, some of the prices you receive may be exclusive for you and must not be shared.
5. Partners Responsibilities & Obligations
These points explain the various promises you make when agreeing to this contract with us and states your obligations when joining our platform.
- All communication with users will be of a professional and responsible manner, users have the ability to report you and your listings should they feel the need to as mentioned in Section 4 Point 5.
- Once the job details and price/s have been agreed with the user, you must ensure that the job is completed to their ‘the customers’ satisfaction, all processes of both your business and the transactions you undertake must fully comply with the latest health and safety regulations set out by all UK Laws.
- Go Trade Local & Let’s Trade Local Limited is not responsible for any of the costs involved in your transactions including refunds, replacements, administrative and business fees etc. This is the responsibility of you the business to cover these costs and where possible for you and the user to come to an agreement that all parties are happy with.
- Should there be any issues resulting in legal involvement with your business and our users, this is the responsibility of you the business and we aren’t liable for any payouts, fees, refunds or settlements.
- You the business will remove any products from your listing that are no longer relevant to your organisation.
- The content in which you include onto your listing is not copyrighted to your business and we are able to share this in our own internal and external marketing with the aim of increasing your reach and the growth of our platform whether that be through users or partners.
- The content on your listing is liable to you, regardless if this is posted by a third party. It is your responsibility to ensure this is as accurate as possible and doesn’t contain anything that can be deemed as offensive, abusive, false, deliberately misleading, or illegal. As soon as this is reported to us and we are made aware of this, your account may be immediately suspended whilst we investigate this further. We hold the rights at all times to delete your account without notice but where possible, we will try to come to an agreement as and when we see fit.
6. Data Holding & Processing
- As a Platform we:
- Process and pass on Personal Data which is included in the Price Comparison Request Form which is filled in by users and then passed on to our relevant partners.
- This information mentioned in Section 6 Part 2 Point 1 must only be used for the sole purpose of quoting and completing the transaction and not to be used for other purposes.
- Do not disclose the Personal Data or other information supplied by you and our users to any third party organisations other than by the request of the individual/business or as required by law.
- You the business must maintain suitable back-up facilities and network security processes for the Personal Data you hold.
- Any contact the business has with our users, upon their request, the user can ask for their personal data to be deleted at any time, for example when this is no longer needed. This is often referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
7. Terms & Account Suspensions / Terminations
- This contract for you the business will begin on the Commencement Date as set by Go Trade Local and will continue to run indefinitely until terminated in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- Bookings are to be paid on a monthly basis via our agreed Direct Debit partner unless agreed otherwise. Payments are to be taken for the upcoming month in advance of this starting.
- All bookings and packages run on an auto-renew basis meaning that unless we are told otherwise, this subscription will run again. Should you wish to terminate your subscription with us at any time, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading, CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION followed by your company name.
- You will remain liable for any and all sums which are due before, or after the confirmed date of termination and will have 14 days to clear the amount owed before this debt is potentially taken further.
- We may terminate the contract and remove your listing from our platform if you are unable to pay your or you become insolvent.
- Should any of these Terms & Conditions be breached, Go Trade Local holds the rights to terminate the contract with immediate effect. You will remain liable for any and all sums which are due before, or after the confirmed date of termination and will have 14 days to clear the amount owed before this debt is potentially taken further.
- All users are eligible to create an account allowing them to interact with our partners and access their dashboard and the tools that come with this. Should we the company find evidence that the rules in our Terms and Conditions have been breached, we have the right to remove your profile from our platform and block you from accessing the various features that come with this.
8. Our Warranties and Undertakings
- We warrant that the package in which you have selected with included the features included in the package and will be accessible for you to use.
- If you find any elements of our platform that is not working correctly, please be sure to contact us as soon as possible at: email@example.com with the subject heading Functionality Error. Be sure to include a screenshot or video of this if possible to help our team in rectifying this issue. This issue will then be worked on and corrected as soon as possible.
- We actively want to hear from you from both a user and partner point of view, if you have any suggestions as to how we can further develop our platform, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Development Suggestion with your ideas, whether this be new products we can add, other markets to grow into and more.
- The reviews in which the businesses have displayed on their profile have been posted by genuine customers explaining their service and experience with said business. Under no circumstances should false reviews be posted by all parties. Should we find that this has occurred, these reviews will be deleted immediately and should this be a reoccurring issue, an internal investigation will be launched.
- Go Trade Local (Let’s Trade Local Limited) acts as an online portal and price request site and does not directly or indirectly hire, sell or own any of the products listed on the site www.gotradelocal.co.uk and thus has no connection with them.
- Our Price Comparison feature works on a basis that your enquiry is sent into our system which is then passed on to our local partners in your area. Under no circumstances can we guarantee that companies will come back to you and that their prices will be to your satisfaction.
- We use our own skill and experience in advising you as to what product may be best for the users but in no way are experts in this and can only guide users as to the best solution we feel would fit best. We recommend speaking to our partners directly regarding your enquiry and allowing them to help assist you.
- The price in which you are set may not be the final price will pay. Many of the products in which our partners have listed involved additional extras which you may need in order to complete the job. IT is their responsibility to advise you as to what these extras may be and the cost in which these will incur.
- Go Trade Local does not offer any warranties as to the suitability, honesty or capability of any user when they are visiting our site. In addition we cannot guarantee that the user when contacting you will proceed with the order at any stage of the transaction.
- Our liability in respect of all claims, losses or damages made by both partners and users shall in no way be settled by us. Any issues and legal battles must be settled with each other and Go Trade Local isn’t liable for any payouts whatsoever.
- We are not liable for any loss or damages; or any loss of profits and turnover. Your reputation and business opportunities are set by you and it is your responsibility to uphold these.
- Nothing in these Conditions shall act or be construed so as to act in any way to limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or partners (as applicable); or
- Fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees.
- It is you the partner’s responsibility to ensure all products and services you offer meet the current health and safety regulations and you have the relevant insurance and legal cover in place should any issues arises.
- We in no way control the prices in which our partners set and it is their responsibility to come to an agreement with yourselves, we ask them to be competitive and fair in their prices but cannot guarantee that you are getting the best prices possible at any time.
- We treat all of the content you send to us and/or have included in your account that you do not want making public are highly confidential. This includes legal information and payment methods.
- We will not be liable to you and your business for our failure to deliver the features of your package for any reason that is beyond our reasonable control. It is your responsibilities to keep this updated and respond to our users request in a timely manner. Users are able to report businesses that do not respond to them or receive a level of service they find unacceptable.
- You permit us to use screenshots of your listing, statistics and map location for Marketing and Promotional purposes, we may also approach you for testimonials to help develop our brand.
- You will ensure that when setting up and using our platform, you (and those acting on your behalf whether that be internal employees accessing the site or third parties doing this for you) will comply with all applicable UK laws and regulations. We will not be liable should or those mentioned above acting on your behalf fail, whether directly or indirectly, deliberately or accidentally, comply with the laws and regulations and you will compensate us for any loss or expense we incur as a result of dealing with any investigations, claims or other regulatory or civil action that occurs as a result of that failure and your actions.
- You, the customer and we, Go Trade Local are independent businesses and in no way are we operating in partnership. We may use the term partner frequently in our marketing but this is used in a way that promotes a community feel between us and our customers.. This can be likened to joining the ‘Go Trade family’.
- There may be rare occasions when the law requires information that we give you or communications you wish to send us have to be in writing. Should this be the case, we will use the address registered to your account as a postal address unless advised otherwise and also email you using the address we have linked with the account. Please ensure if you are sending us any written material, this is posted to the address at the top of these Terms & Conditions. We are not liable to cover any postage/return costs and will aim to respond in a timely manner.
- You and your business recognise that your breach (or threatened breach) of these Conditions which may cause irreparable and lasting harm to us and our organisation and that in such a situation, we are entitled to seek an legal assistance and an injunction in preventing that breach and stopping this from arising in the future, we may take this matter further and seek a financial settlement with yourselves to recover the impact this has had on us.
- You the user recognise that should you breach (or threatened breach) any of these Conditions which may cause irreparable and lasting harm to us and our organisation and that in such a situation, we are entitled to seek an legal assistance and an injunction in preventing that breach and stopping this from arising in the future, we may take this matter further and seek a financial settlement with yourselves to recover the impact this has had on us.
- These conditions and the Contract you enter into is governed by the UK laws and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Last updated 01.06.2020